Loo of the Year Awards: Nominations & Entries
Nominations are now invited for the 2013 Loo of the Year Awards – the annual competition to find the best places 'to go' in Britain, Ireland and the Channel Islands are now invited.
- Any type of ‘away from home’ toilet can be nominated into the competition, in any of the sixty separate Entry categories
- Anyone can nominate – staff, customers, visitors, managers, owners or contractors
- Nominations for the 2013 Loo of the Year Awards are now being received.
- Once a nomination has been received, the nominated establishment or authority will be advised and asked if they wish to submit a formal entry
Entries for the 2013 Loo of the Year Awards are now invited.
All previous entrants will be sent an entry form.
- February to July 2013: Nominations and Entries Received
- April to September 2013: Judging (unannounced visits)
- December 2013: National Awards Presentation Ceremony
Closing date for entries: extended to 31 August 2012.
You can now enter up to 10 loos online by completing our entry form. If you have more than 10 entries, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can download an Entry Form in PDF format here. Then print and complete the form and send to Loo of the Year Awards, PO Box 847, Horsham, RH12 5AL. Or you can scan your completed form and send it by email to email@example.com
One Simple Objective -
"To encourage the highest possible standards in
all types of 'Away from Home' or Public Toilets"
- Entries accepted from anywhere in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
- Any type of 'Away from Home' toilet can be entered in any of the sixty separate Awards categories.
- All entries receive a grading, ranging from Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum, following an unannounced visit by a LOYA Inspector.
- Entries achieving a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum Award will be receive a Certificate.
- Major National Awards and Trophies will be presented at a prestigious Awards event on 6th December.
- Loo of the Year Awards are the recognised are the recognised 'National Standard for 'Away from Home' toilets.
- Entrants enjoy a cost effective way of receiving an independent assessment of the standard of their loos.
- Award winners benefit from National Media Coverage and the prestige of providing the very best facilities Attendant of the Year Awards
Attendant of the Year Awards
The Attendant of the Year Awards form part of the annual Loo of the Year Awards but relate specifically to the cleaning staff that looks after facilities, rather than the loos themselves.
While the range of star gradings and National Loo of the Year Awards and Trophies provide adequate recognition for the loos and their providers, it is the people who look after each facility – be they individual full time attendants, in-house cleaning teams or external cleaning contractors, who also deserve recognition. All attendants and/or cleaning staff will automatically be entered for an Attendant of the Year Award.
We need to know a few basic details about who cleans your Loo of the Year Awards entry/entries. Provided on the entry form, and Judging is carried out at the same time as the Loo of the Year Awards inspection and any cleaning staff seen at the time of the unannounced visit are deemed to represent the whole cleaning team.
There are a number of Attendant of the Year Award winners in England (including Isle of Man and the Channel Islands), Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and a National Winner for each country.