- The 2017 Tork Loo of the Year Awards are open to all 'away from home' washrooms in any one of the sixty one different entry categories listed below. You can enter online here.
- An entry consists of one set of male, female, accessible, and baby changing facilities, in relatively close proximity but not necessarily on the same floor or in the same immediate area. Changing Places, Space to Change or School Hygiene Room facilities may also be included in a set.
- Any number of entry sets can be submitted, covering different locations in the same or separate buildings, towns or cities.
- All male, female, accessible and baby changing facilities will be separately graded and the overall entry grade will be the aggregate grading awarded for the whole entry.
- Each entry will be assumed to include accessible and baby changing facilities, except where it is either unreasonable to provide an accessible toilet (e.g.upstairs café with no lift) or no babies are normally allowed (e.g. school toilet).
- Entrants must provide accurate information about opening hours and whether or not each entry has a full time Cleaner/Attendant(s) * see note 8 & 9 below
- Entrants must provide entry location directions where necessary, to assist our Inspectors' journey planning. Numbered location maps are useful for multiple entries – particularly from Local Authorities.
- Entrants are asked to provide information as requested concerning cleaning staff/contractors, to assist identification of our Attendant of the Year Award winners.
- All cleaning staff will automatically be entered in the Washroom Cleaner of the Year Awards and any staff seen at the time of the unannounced inspection visit will be deemed to represent the whole team.
- All entries will receive a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum grade. All entries achieving these grades will receive an Award Certificate. All Platinum and Gold winners will be considered for selection for our range of National and Overall Awards.
- Download an Entry Form. Completed entry forms can be sent to: Loo of the Year Awards, PO Box 103, Ledbury, HR8 9RB or scanned and emailed to email@example.com
- Authorised entries can also be made on–line, click here On-line Entry Form
About - Why Enter?
Many businesses pride themselves on the standard of cleaning and maintenance of the building they occupy or that they are responsible for cleaning. The most frequent place visited by most users of the building is the washrooms. First impressions count and high standard must be achieved consistently if the provider’s reputation is to be maintained.
As a service provider how do you know how you compare with your competitors and how do you gain recognition?
Entry into the annual Loo of the Year Awards will provide an independent, cost effective and valuable assessment of ‘away from home’ washroom provision and recognition of the standards achieved based on ‘the washroom standard’ for the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
Leading retailers, restaurant and pub chains, visitor attractions, holiday parks, shopping centres, local authorities, and importantly the cleaning and FM sector enter annually. Go to Home to find out more.